Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Wood Work Is Done

Well, the last of the projects I wanted to get done by Christmas are completed, and hopfully I will have some time to find some new patterns for the New year.

Over the last year I have made Valance's for our home and our daughter. (They look a lot better than just having curtians hanging on a bar over the window.) Also made quite a few napkin holders that also have carved spaces for salt and pepper shakers, and banks that look like Brinks trucks, and a few small all wooden four car trains, and some paper plate holders that look like iron frying pans.

Am going to have to hit the pattern sites and see whats available that don't cost an arm and a leg to build. I have done the "daddy, would you make me some end tables and a coffee table?"

Now, I just want to make simple things that don't take a lot of time or money.

2 comments:

  1. Holy cow, I just read your one minute story on the Fourth of July party. When I was young, my Dad was shooting off bottle rockets from a beer bottle. One went awry and landed in the pudding cake....pudding everywhere, and no cake to eat. I CANNOT believe that there exists such a similar story to mine. There's the internet for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like great progress :) I just saw your comment agaimst my 'writer of the week' win ... There should be another winner before Christmas. I gave my husband a chainsaw for our first Christmas, that was a fun present!

    ReplyDelete